What we offer
- As an accredited institute, full training in psychoanalysis for mental health professionals
- Continuing education for mental health professionals
- Training in psychoanalytic psychotherapy
- Programs for the general public in a variety of arts and educational programs
- Support for psychoanalytic research and selected community consultation for educators
- A library with the largest collection of psychoanalytic publications in the Western United States
- Full Psychoanalytic Training — In Adult, Child, or Adult & Child Psychoanalysis (Accredited by APsaA and IPA), requiring a personal training analysis for candidates, supervised cases, and seminars in theory and clinical practice.
- Partial Psychoanalytic Training — Available for research and academic candidates, requiring personal training and institute seminars.
- Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy Training — A two year program for mental health professionals involving seminars and supervision, currently taught on the Peninsula.
- Clinical and Theoretical Courses of the Extension Education Committee — A large variety of offerings for mental health professionals.
Public Programs - Arts, Education, and Service to the Community
- Child Development Program (CDP) — Preschool consultation to schools and organizations in the Bay Area and in at-risk communities with the City of San Francisco
- Low-Fee Referral Service — for Adults, Teens, and Children
- Regional Psychotherapy Forums
- Community Members Mentoring Program
- Conversation on Adolescents